Cleaning moldy areas

Home Forums Health and Safety Cleaning moldy areas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #126240
    Profile photo of kira-s
    kira-s
    Participant

    How to get rid of mold in my house? How to clean moldy areas properly?

    #126244
    Profile photo of Tina Miller
    Tina Miller
    Participant

    Try to stop mold infestations before they get really big otherwise you and your family risk to get serious health problems.

    #126321
    avatar
    housewife
    Participant

    I totally agree with Tina! It’s also so much easier to remove minor mold – you can just use regular household cleaning products to do that.

    #126354
    Profile photo of kira-s
    kira-s
    Participant

    I’ll keep that in mind but what to do when mold is already big? 🙁

    #126357
    avatar
    shane
    Participant

    Then you should call the pro cause some type of mold could be very toxic.

    #126392
    Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

    That’s what I would do.

    #127153
    Profile photo of Tina Miller
    Tina Miller
    Participant

    I usually use borax or vinegar

    #127211
    Profile photo of kira-s
    kira-s
    Participant

    Thanks! I’ll try that.

     

    #127221
    Profile photo of Tina Miller
    Tina Miller
    Participant

    You can use vinegar without watering it down, and you need to mix 1 cup of borax per gallon of water.

    #127226
    avatar
    kim
    Participant

    bleach works too, or try Hydrogen Peroxide as its safe alternative

    #127438
    Profile photo of kira-s
    kira-s
    Participant

    thanks!

    #127755
    Profile photo of Anny
    Anny
    Participant

    or baking soda

    #128341
    Profile photo of Samantha
    Samantha
    Participant

    Tea tree oil and Grapefruit Seed Extract are also good natural mold killers.

    #128418
    Profile photo of kira-s
    kira-s
    Participant

    I’ll try that too. Thanks!

    #128425
    Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

    It’s better to wear protective mask and gloves while you clean the mold because, as Shane mentioned, that could be very toxic, especially if you deal with the big infestation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.