Florida Detention Systems, Inc. (FDS), a nationwide contractor of security fencing and equipment in the area of detention is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager based in our Melrose, FL office. Family owned and operated, FDS celebrated 45 years in 2018 and is striving to provide our customers with the highest quality products and services expertly suited for their needs, while creating a safe, efficient and profitable workplace.
In this position you will assist management with project planning, cost management, time management, quality management, contract administration, and safety management. If you are a great communicator looking for a long term career this might be the opportunity for you!
- Helps establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Plans, coordinates and/or supervises activities of company personnel, contractors and vendors on assigned projects.
- Assists with developing a quality control plan that is job and task specific and in compliance with project specifications.
- Aids the development of shop drawings related to a project with a CAD program.
- Supports the project manager in discussions and problem resolutions surrounding work procedures and complaints with supervisory personnel, contractors, and vendors etc.
- Assists in managing accounting functions of the project including budget and cost.
- Monitors the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and attends regular status meetings.
- As directed by the project manager, coordinates the efforts of parties involved in the project, which include consultants, contractors, and laborers and vendors.
- Prepares contract drafts, RFPs and incorporates revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, vendors and contractors.
- Assists in maintaining official project log and documentation files.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in construction management or science and 3 plus years of progressively responsible experience in construction management. Education can be substituted for experience. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following skills/attributes:
- Knowledge of the construction industry, including methods, engineering, equipment, technology, safety, etc.
- Ability to monitor resources, including budgets, schedules and materials, in an environment of multiple, competing demands.
- Knowledge of office technology and computer applications including MS Excel and other MS Office products. Experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort, manage time effectively and complete projects on time.
- Excellent problem solving and logical decision-making ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Equal Opportunities Employer:
FDS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, FDS, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which work is performed. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.