Construction Project Manager
Artisanal Brewing Ventures (ABV) is a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States and is the parent company of three long standing, successful craft breweries; Victory Brewing, established in 1996 in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, Southern Tier Brewing, established in 2002 in Lakewood, NY, and Sixpoint Brewing, established in 2004 in Brooklyn, NY.
Headquartered at our 28,000 sq. ft. innovation brewery and taproom in the South End area of Charlotte, NC, Artisanal Brewing Ventures has a vision of creating a new model for craft beer partnerships by preserving brewery independence while pooling resources to gain scale and depth of expertise in operations, marketing and financial resources.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
The Construction Project Manager is a key position to help new and updated construction developments for the Artisanal Brewing Ventures family of brands. A successful candidate will be passionate about design and construction, and devote his/her creativity to our projects. The role oversees each project from conception to completion, collaborating with construction professionals and internal customers.
Reports to: CEO
Residence preference: Flexible around the New York area.
- Work with management from the start of each project to ensure understanding of scope and vision
- Oversee beginning of each turn-key project, including permit submission and design evaluations
- Create schedule for each project and match appropriate talent to each job
- Process change orders
- Collaborate with architect and construction crews to ensure aligned with company plans
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect, construction, engineers, and management teams
- Negotiate contracts and bids with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit project estimates to management
- Screens, selects, and coordinators subcontractors and suppliers
- Plan and manage project timelines with all involved parties
- Track and control project costs and schedule
- Produce and engage vendors in RFP processes, including making the selection from the responses
- Build and manage project budgets, including but not limited to new construction and other capex projects
- Manage equipment specifications for the brewery and retail operations
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinion.
- Decision Quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures Accountability – Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
- Collaborates – Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Civil Engineering or related field of study)
- 7+ years’ experience in designing and building and construction of commercial property (preferably restaurant experience), or a similar combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proven ability to reach and understand blueprints, structural drawings, and plan sets
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Experience in managing budgets for construction projects of similar magnitude
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment
- Proven track record of keeping projects on time and ability to adjust plans to meet deadlines
- Experience working within a brewery operation
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel 60-75% of the time
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply for this role, visit: https://www.indeedjobs.com/victorybrewingcompany/_hl/en_US?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XW5aRnY2g_zohRSoEeMyZToeda8zqfwZOs