Fraser Engineering Company has a great opportunity for you!
Fraser Engineering Company, Inc. is a Newton MA based Mechanical Contractor. For almost 70 years we have been a family first business built on outstanding craftsmanship, constant improvement and collaborative partnerships with our customers. We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Estimator! If it is time for you to work in a new atmosphere that is motivating, caring and encouraging, then come join our team, where we work hard and have fun at it! We can stand by our slogan, Great People doing Great Work.
As an estimator for Fraser Engineering you will be part of a team that is redefining the way Mechanical Contractors operate. You will have an opportunity to impact the next generation of construction projects in Massachusetts and use your talents to help our clients achieve and exceed their project goals. We have excellent benefits and competitive wages!
- Attending pre-bid meetings and project walkthroughs
- Perform quantitative take-off of HVAC and Plumbing systems for plan/spec and design build projects
- Acquire quotes from vendors and subcontractors for work being quoted
- Develop and maintain strong subcontractor/supplier relationships
- Assist all Project Teams with quoting change orders on existing projects, and quotes for larger service related projects
- Hold and lead post-award turnover meeting from Estimating to Operations
- Attend project close out meetings to evaluate budget vs. actual results and takeaways
Education/Experience: B.A or B.S Degree preferred in relevant field of study preferred. (Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent years of industry experience and/or 3-5 years/experience in mechanical estimating
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer Skills: Knowledge and experience with Estimating Software systems is required. Specific experience w/Autodesk Software is a plus. Above average skills in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel) and computer trends/technology.
- Proficient in utilizing all internal programs, forms and process
- Proficient in database maintenance, report generation
- Proficient in knowledge and skills in utilizing complex spreadsheet tools for estimating use. Experience in a variety of HVAC /Plumbing/Mechanical system designs.
- Ability to read architectural, structural, mechanical plans P&ID’s and working knowledge of a variety of HVAC / Plumbing/Mechanical systems in commercial and industrial projects.
If interested, please apply by clicking here!