Your home furnishings are an expensive investment that I am sure you would like to protect. They are usually one of the most neglected items in a home. This article will give you some 5 tips to help you protect your home furnishings.
1. The most important thing you can do is vacuum your furniture. Most people never vacuum their couch cushions and upholstery but it is very important. Dirt is an abrasive and will wear your upholstery.
2. Hide sensitive colors from sunlight. Many bright colors like red and blue will fade in sunlight. Keep them out of direct light or close the blinds during the brightest part of the day.
3. Rotate your couch cushions. Spread the wear out over the different cushions. Take advantage of the front and back of the cushion to evenly wear the upholstery.
4. Clean spots up as they happen. If you spill something on the upholstery soak it up with clean white cloths or paper towels as soon as possible. If you use a spotter be sure to test it on a hidden area first.
5. When it becomes generally soiled have it cleaned. Most people never clean there furniture and it shows. Clean them every year or two and greatly increase their lifespan.
That’s it. Five easy tips to help you protect your furniture. As you can see these are simple things but they will greatly increase the life of your furniture.
Permission by goarticles.com