“Is There Really Such A Thing As A FREE Security System?” There is an old saying that goes like this:
“There is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH.”
The same goes for home security systems. For you see there are only two ways to invest in a system to protect your home:
1) Buy everything upfront 2) Pay little or nothing down and pay a small fee each month for 36 months until the equipment is paid off.
First lets look at the ups and downs of each.
The Benefits Of Paying For Equipment Upfront
1) No long term contract to sign 2) Monthly monitoring from $15.38 a month 3) Choose any Monitoring facility you like
The Disadvantages Of Paying Upfront
1) Not everyone can afford to lay out $795-$2,000 for a home security system at one time 2) Monitoring is usually “Local Monitoring” only (See our article “Local VS National Monitoring…Which is better?”
The Benefits Of a FREE Home Security System
1) Little or no money out of pocket to cover the equipment & installation labor 2) Save your money for other new home purchase needed 3) One low price includes paying for your equipment & monthly monitoring fee 4) Gives you NATIONAL monitoring protection (See our article “Local VS National Monitoring…Which is better?”) 5) Surprisingly can saves up to $300 over buying equipment upfront (See the “Consumers Guide To Choosing Atlanta Georgia Home Security Systems”) 6) Lifetime maintenance agreement as long as you monitor with the provider.
The Disadvantages Of A FREE SYSTEM
1) Requires 36 month commitment 2) Slightly higher monthly monitoring fee of $29.95 which covers equipment, installation & labor & monthly monitoring 3) Equipment is often propriety, which means only their monitoring facility can monitor your system.
Well, there it is.
As you can see they both have their own advantages & disadvantages. It boils down to this…Pay now…or pay a little more each month. I guess it comes down to what is most important to you.
Permission by goarticles.com