Now that you’ve decided to change your bathroom countertop you need to start by selecting your bathroom style. Once you’ve chosen a style that reflects your personal tastes you will be able to quickly and easily give your bathroom a facelift and you’ll choose the perfect countertop.
1. Country Bathroom Think warm, cozy, and inviting. Choose earth colors and pastels for your countertop. Use vintage fixtures. Floral patterns work fine for shower curtains, window dressings, and towels. Add a wicker basket then fill it full of soaps, shampoos, and tissues. Add a perfume bottle collection to the wall shelf.
2. Contemporary Bathroom You’ll want crisp, clean lines, and that means your countertop would look great in marble, stone, or stainless. Tile or wood floors look great and make sure your window dressings, shower curtain, and towels are all solid colored and sleek. Avoid clutter.
3. Traditional Bathroom Who says a bathroom can’t portray glamour? Your countertops should be porcelain or marble in tones that have flicks of gold or silver. Fixtures should be brass or gold plates and floral fabrics look great. Gild finishes on accessories looks great.
4. Nautical Bathroom Nautical bathrooms are great! Think shades of blue including for your countertop. Add shells and bring the ocean to your bathroom. There’s many different ways to achieve your nautical theme. It can be fun or it can be more traditional and refreshing.
5. Your Theme Since it’s your bathroom why not make your own theme? What do you love? What’s your favorite color? Why not turn it into your new bathroom theme? Choose countertops that are versatile and flexible.
6. Southwestern Do you love North American native art? Is the dessert your idea of beautiful? Have you got a knack for growing cactus? Then why not make it your next bathroom theme? Navajo looks great and a granite or stone countertop is perfect.
Your choices for bathroom countertops is endless. From fun to luxurious there’s plenty of choices. Here are some tips worth considering.
1. Think luxury add marble and wow you’ve made quite an impact. Marble does however scratch and it can stain. 2. If you want a level of sophistication that makes a dramatic impact and is durable and almost indestructible then granite is what you need. And great news – it’s also very affordable. 3. Stainless is trendy and very vogue. In fact there is nothing as vogue as stainless currently is and it looks clean and stylish. 4. Butcher block needs the right bathroom to look good and then it looks really rich. Remember to seal the wood. 5. Terra cotta looks fabulous in almost any bathroom. 6. Ceramic tiles come in a variety of colors and pattern so matching a bathroom d��cor is never a problem. They are easy to care for and very durable. 7. Wood gives a nice traditional finish that’s warm and inviting. Be sure to apply a polyurethane sealer to protect the wood. 8. The right bathroom looks great with glass countertops. In fact there’s nothing that looks more contemporary. Glass can be rather fragile and it does scratch so not recommended for a high traffic bathroom.
Isn’t it time your bathroom had the same attention you’ve given the rest of your home’s d��cor? Why not start with a new bathroom countertop?
Masni Rizal Mansor
Permission by goarticles.com